Saturday, April 04, 2009

Swano's 2nd week in Review...Mar29 - Apr5

Two weeks into Puerto Escondido and we are really finding our groove here.  We plan on staying here for 2 more weeks before we head back to to the states for a bit of time with my side of the family in Florida.  Here is a quick day to day rundown of what has been happening with us here.


Sunday, Mar 29th (Day 127):  Woke up around 7am and walked across the street for breakfast @ Los Tios where we are gazing at glassy overhead waves in front while sucking down a fresh, Fruit Smoothie (Licuado de Frutas).  We enjoyed a bit by the pool and then went out for late morning surf session to catch a few fun ones.  After the wind died down a bit, I paddled out for the evening glass off and was treated to a beautiful overhead tube about 25 minutes after sunset.  I was the last one out and could barely see what was happening out there.  To cap of the evening, the family went to Greko's for dinner and I enjoyed Chicken Tacos with a side of rice and beans (Tacos de Pollo con arroz y frijoles) for 40 pesos (just under $3USD).  Do not mistake...this is a nice oceanfront restaurant with beautiful wood decor.

Monday, Mar 30th:  Woke up at the crack of dawn to surf overhead glassy waves just in front of our place...no tubes though fun waves.  Since my blood is a bit thin being in the tropics for the past 4 months, I pulled out my jacket wetsuit to bare the chilly offshore wind.  After the surf, the family went back over to Los Tios for breaky....where we spent over 30 minutes attempting to find the #13 pool ball that Hanalei misplaced somewhere.  It has been a week now...and the ball is still missing.
The highlight of the day...internet installed in our room today!!!!

Tuesday, Mar 31st:  Instead of my usual weekday morning surf at the crack of dawn, I elected to go for a jog on the beach to the north, Playa Principal, where all the fishing boats are docked.  On my iPhone, I listened to 'The Secret' (www.thesecret.tv) on the Chapter of Gratitude.  As I went for a jog and then just walked about the fishing village with the people bringing in their evening catch...I was just filled with gratitude for enjoying this possibility that we have chosen to be here experiencing another culture.  I came back to Hotel Ines where I enjoyed a fresh Orange Juice and a cup of coffee (Naranja y Cafe) with the happiest (feliz) bartender at Hotel Ines, Ordaz Margara.  He is a great bloke! 
For the evening, I worked our business for 3 hours from the poolside and enjoyed a couple Pina Colada's before we headed out to dinner!  Not a bad day!