Friday, March 27, 2009

Puerto Escondido - Week in Review from Brian

At this time 1 week ago, the Swans were on a Luxury Bus for 8.5 hours from Acapulco.  What can I say with 1 week under our belt...Puerto Escondido is a fabulous place with great people, delicious ocean front restaurants & and gnarly, barreling Waves....my kind of place!!!  So let me give a rundown from day to day:


Friday (3/20):  best to read Rhonda's entry since I would just be repeating her.  8.5 hours on a bus in Southern Mexico will surely open your eyes!  

Saturday (3/21):  We enjoyed breakfast at our Hotel Santa Fe that we are staying at.  To give you an idea of the cost...my mushroom, spinach and cheese omelette cost 50 pesos (roughly $3.33)...not bad for the high end hotel!  After breaky, we ventured to the pool so Hanalei could play and so that I could connect to Wifi and catch up on a bit of email & taxes.  By this time, we are ready for a family siesta (we are in Mexico, right?).   We enjoyed a beautiful meal on the beach and then headed back to the Hotel Santa Fe so Hanalei could hit the hay.  Well, it was Saturday night so I ventured out for a few hours hitting up a couple spots down the street.  The first and last stop of the night was at Casa Babylon (seen to the left) which was a couple hundred meters from our hotel.  The specialty here are the Mojitos accompanied with great live music.  I also ventured into Barfly which is typically a late night place...so it was rather quiet when I was there.

Sunday (3/22):